The Mentorship committee member is responsible for assisting in the administration and continuous improvement of the mentorship program. The committee level responsibilities may include applicant interviews and reference checks, assisting with the matching process, event planning, and relationship support throughout the year.
- Attend meetings and events regularly, including attending the monthly committee meetings
- Organize mentoring events and workshops, including sourcing speakers, arranging meeting venues, establishing program dates and timing, and facilitate learning opportunities.
- Participate in the development and provision of various learning opportunities that satisfy the needs of members by addressing current human resources issues, trends or strategies.
- Strong interest in the learning needs of Chapter members
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to facilitate meetings or introduce guest speakers
- Able to negotiate with service providers
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail
- The ability to work independently, while being part of a larger team
- Good knowledge of the Chapter and HRPA, with an active membership in the HRPA is required
4-5 hours per month