The Programs/Events Committee member is responsible for assisting with all London Chapter events. This includes with speaker recruitment, speaker management day of the event and event management on the day of the events.
- Attend Chapter meetings and events regularly, including attending monthly committee meetings
- Plan Chapter events and conferences, including sourcing speakers, arranging meeting venues, establish program dates and timing, and facilitate learning opportunities.
- Participate in the development and provision of various learning opportunities that satisfy the needs of members by addressing current human resources issues, trends or strategies.
- Strong interest in the learning needs of Chapter members
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to facilitate meetings or introduce guest speakers
- Able to negotiate with service providers
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail
- The ability to work independently, while being part of a larger team
- Good knowledge of the Chapter and HRPA, with an active membership in the HRPA is required
4-5 hours per month