The HRPA Toronto Chapter welcomes volunteer members who wish to engage and collaborate with other volunteers to contribute to the continued professional development of its members. If you’ve been looking for a platform to share your expertise and do your part in delivering exceptional programs for HRPA professionals – this is it!Description:
Toronto is HRPA's largest chapter with 6,500 members working and/or living in Toronto Canada. Our purpose is to promote and increase the knowledge, skill, and proficiency of members of the Association, firms, and students. Our mission is to create a rich membership experience and provide members with the widest possible variety of learning, professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities for HR practitioners at all stages of their careers. Benefits of Volunteering with HRPA Toronto Chapter:
- Share your experience, insight, and innovative ideas; build and deliver successful programs for HR professionals.
- Enhance your skills including leadership, communications, event planning, project management, program design
- Collaborate, expand your network, and build relationships with other professionals and volunteers. Have fun!
- Earn HRPA CPD hours towards your CHRP/CHRL/CHRE designation recertification
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Chapter and HRPA, with an active HRPA (Toronto) membership, is required.
- Understands the career development, mentoring, and networking needs of HR professionals &HRPA members.
- Event planning /management and/or budgeting experience an asset.
- Excellent team and relationship skills; organizational, administration, planning and implementation skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to facilitate meetings and/or introduce guest speakers
Varies by role Sample of Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in scheduled Committee meetings in-person or conference calls.
- Research and stay current on HR industry issues and trends.
- Recommend presentation topics; source and recruit speakers and subject matter experts.
- Event and Speaker management: Lead, plan, and arrange event logistics: venues, agenda, and timing, content, and format; facilitate networking, introduce speakers.
- Assist in the marketing communications and promotion of HRPA Toronto Chapter events.
- Assist in engaging community involvement and recruiting chapter partners or sponsors.
- Establish goals and metrics; review survey feedback and determine improvement strategies.
- Volunteers must register and create a profile on iVolunteer (can upload from LinkedIn)
- Volunteers can search for new opportunities or have matches emailed to them