The HRPA Niagara Chapter needs you! Sharing your time, talent and passion as a Chapter volunteer means more than just advancing your career or networking with leaders in your field. By joining us as volunteers, HRPA members gain the opportunity to make a real impact on the HR profession – and on the individuals working within it. Volunteer positions also qualify for CPD hours.
Volunteer for one of our Chapter Committees and give back to your local HR community. You do not need to have a lot of experience to contribute as a volunteer. In fact, volunteering provides an excellent opportunity to develop new skills and learn from your peers. All you need is a positive attitude, a willingness to contribute and learn in a team environment. The time commitment will vary depending upon the task you are asked to execute.
Please take a moment to review the Volunteer Code of Conduct as you will be asked to agree to it during the application process.
The objective of this committee is to assist the Chapter Mentorship Chair. Please review the Terms of Reference.
Duties may include:
- attend Chapter events regularly, attend committee meetings and complete duties as assigned
- support Chapter events/execute tasks (could include: registration, speaker introduction, point person for speaker/venue/audio visual
- good communication skills – oral and written
- strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines
- strong time management and organizational skills
Time Requirement: 2-4 hours a month
Volunteers Needed: 3