HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONALS ASSOCIATION
NORTH BAY CHAPTER
(Anticipated 2 year term)
Title: Student Liaison – North Bay Chapter
Reports to: President – North Bay Chapter
The Human Resources Professionals Association North Bay Chapter (HRPANB) is one of 28 Chapters of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) across Ontario. The North Bay Chapter represents a large geographical area and its HR practitioner members provide services to a diverse spectrum of industries.
The Student Liaison is a fundamental part of the Human Resources Professionals Association North Bay Chapter. The Student Liaison is responsible for assisting the North Bay Chapter Executive to connect and engage with current student members or students interested in the practice of Human Resources. This position involves a variety of duties that help build and strengthen the awareness of the Human Resources Professionals Association North Bay Chapter among the local student population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with local Human Resources students for the purpose of providing student feedback, questions, or comments to the Chapter Executive
- Plan and organize an event strongly geared towards students
- Promote HRPA membership benefits and encourage students to become a student member of HRPA
- Attend all HRPA student recruitment related events & presentations, and speak on behalf of the North Bay Chapter
- Maintain the Human Resources Professionals Association North Bay Chapter Facebook Page
- Assist with improving current methods of connecting with students
- Attend all Chapter Executive Meetings
- Any other duties assigned by the Chapter Executive
- Must be enrolled in a full-time Human Resources or Business program at a local post-secondary institution (i.e. Nipissing University or Canadore College)
- Must be able to devote sufficient volunteer time to the duties of the position (approximately 10 hours per month)
- Must be an HRPA Student Member in good standing, or be willing to register as an HRPA Student Member
Benefits of being a Student Liaison:
- Opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the local HRPA chapter
- Develop leadership skills
- Improve oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Networking opportunities
- Notable volunteer experience
- Resume enhancement
All interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume referencing the position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2016.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for volunteer.
We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.