The HRPA Grand Valley Chapter needs you! Sharing your time, talent and passion as a Chapter volunteer means more than just advancing your career or networking with leaders in your field. By joining us as volunteers, HRPA members gain the opportunity to make a real impact on the HR profession – and on the individuals working within it. Volunteer positions also qualify for CPD hours.
Volunteer for one of our Chapter Committees and give back to your local HR community. You do not need to have a lot of experience to contribute as a volunteer. In fact, volunteering provides an excellent opportunity to develop new skills and learn from your peers. All you need is a positive attitude, a willingness to contribute and learn in a team environment. The time commitment will vary depending upon the task you are asked to execute.
Please review each of the Committee Roles and Responsibilities below before you apply to be a volunteer with the Chapter. These descriptions will not be available on the application. You will be asked to click which committee position you are interested in when applying.
The Volunteer term is from August 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022
Please take a moment to review the Volunteer Code of Conduct as you will be asked to agree to it during the application process.
We are looking for members (in good standing) that are interested for the following committees:
The objective of this committee is to assist the Chapter Mentorship Chair. Please review the Terms of Reference.
Duties may include:
- attend Chapter events regularly, attend committee meetings and complete duties as assigned
- support Chapter events/execute tasks (could include: registration, speaker introduction, point person for speaker/venue/audio visual
- good communication skills – oral and written
- strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines
- strong time management and organizational skills
Time Requirement: approx. 4 hours per month
Volunteers Needed: 2
STUDENT LIAISON COMMITTEE
The objectives of the committee are to engage students within the chapter of HRPA. Please review the Terms of Reference.
Roles & Responsibilities
- attend Chapter events regularly, also attend committee meetings and complete duties as assigned
- support Chapter events/execute tasks (could include: registration, speaker introduction, point person for speaker/venue/audio visual)
- good networking and presentation skills
- able to work as part of a team
- able to facilitate meetings or introduce guest speakers
- ability to work independently, while being part of a larger team
- an affiliation with the University of Waterloo would be an asset
- good knowledge of the Chapter and HRPA
Time Requirement: approx. 2 hours per month
Volunteers Needed: 1