Here is a unique opportunity to expand your network and give back to the HR Profession and community! The HRPA Durham Chapter has volunteer opportunities with the Student Liaison Committee! The opportunity provides for fun, allows you to develop project management, event coordination and social networking skills!
The Student volunteer works with the Student Liaison under the direction of the Student Liaison Chair to promote HRPA and the CHRP designation to local post-secondary students and to increase student membership in the Chapter.
The Student volunteer reports to the Student Liaison Committee Lead.
- Endorses student involvement and student membership in the Chapter, as well as the completion of the CHRP designation.
- Contributes to the planning, promotion and implementation of student oriented initiatives and events in an effort in improve student involvement in the HR community.
- Fosters strong relationships between students and Chapter members, actively promoting mentorship, learning and networking opportunities.
- Work with local schools to promote HRPA communication pertaining to events and local initiatives.
- Coordinates presentations to various local schools to promote HRPA and the HR profession.
- Liaise with local post-secondary education institutions for the distribution of scholarships as allocated by corporate HRPA.
- Attends at least 50% of committee organized events during the school year.
- Represents the chapter in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills and a reliable team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships/networking among fellow students and members of the chapter.
- Must be willing and able to attend monthly committee meetings and other meetings as required.
- Must be able to devote sufficient volunteer time to the position duties to ensure that the responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Must be willing and able to attend and participate in at least 50% of the committee organized events.
This role typically requires a minimum 3-5 hours per month time commitment.
Must be an HRPA member in good standing. Must be able to attend committee meetings as required. Experience in project and event management would be an asset for this position.
Students from local schools or members with strong connections to local schools would be an asset.