Who are we?
The HRPA Grand Valley Chapter exists because we believe in contributing to healthy communities through the development of healthy workplaces where there is fair and equal treatment of employees, high standards of employee relations and respect for labor and the HR profession.
As a member of the Membership Committee you will be responsible for attracting and retaining Chapter members. You will greet new members at chapter meetings and introduce them to existing members to shadow at first meeting. You will also communicate with Non-Renewal members to get their renewal or determine reasons for non-renewals and track other trends such as when members transfer to other chapters.
- Promote the HRPA membership, professional designation and Grand Valley Chapter to members
- Assist in ensuring the success of all membership programs including Keep In Touch, Win-Back, Renewal and New Member Handoff
- Reach out to new members via phone or email to welcome them and inform them about the chapter
- Connect with current members as part of the keep in touch program as well as with past members to understand reasons for leaving
- Attend monthly meetings to assist with new member handoffs
- Share feedback with committee chair and portfolio director to assist board of directors in chapter strategy
- Assist with communications
- Assist with sending out member welcome packages as needed
- Awareness of GVHRPA events and chapter programs
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent networking skills
- CHRP certification knowledge
- Awesome interpersonal skills
We are committed to providing accommodations (for people with disabilities.) If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to support you through your application and during the interviewing and assessment process.
The Grand Valley Chapter is the local chapter of the Human Resources Professionals Association, with more than 1100 members, covers Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Brantford and surrounding areas. Our members represent over 400 local organizations in the manufacturing, high tech, public, and service sectors.
The HRPA Grand Valley Chapter offers local Human Resources executives, managers, generalists, specialists, and administrators opportunities to network and share information on a broad range of Human Resources Management topics and the opportunity to enhance their professional knowledge and skills through regular meeting, seminars, and workshops.