The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) committee is responsible for ensuring that CHRP, CHRL and CHRE members meet the continuing professional development requirement for maintaining their designation. This committee is mandated to audit continuing professional development logs presented by the Registrar and approve/reject those applications in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications:
Current holder of the CHRP, CHRL or CHRE designation
Attributes and competencies apply to all regulatory committees
- Public service mindedness and congruence with values
- Having a good understanding of professional regulation, its purpose, and methods
- Having a basic understanding of governance as it applies to professional regulation and regulatory committees
- Having a solid understanding of procedural fairness and the requirements of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, 1990
- Being a good listener. Having an ability and willingness to consider all evidence before making a judgment, does not jump to conclusions
- Having good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a team
- Sensitivity to diversity and inclusivity issues
- Self-awareness (having an awareness of where one’s biases and blind spots are)
- Being dependable and having the ability to deliver on commitments made a willingness to participate in non-hearing related matters affecting the Committee, e.g. training of new Committee members.
Attributes and competencies apply to assessment committees
- A basic understanding of psychometric principles—validity and reliability
- An ability to use assessment grids as established
- Awareness of one’s own biases
Attributes and competencies specific to the Continuing Professional Development Committee
- Understanding of HRPA’s Continuing Professional Development by-law and related policies
Committee appointments are conditional on the completion of the Regulatory Committee Boot Camp. The Boot Camp will be recorded and archived for individuals who miss the live recording. Please keep in mind that you may only volunteer for one committee. If you have any questions, contact HRPA.
The Continuing Professional Development Committee meets in-person once per year for an all-day meeting (during business hours) and other committee work is done via email or teleconference on an ad-hoc basis during business hours.
If you are interested in volunteering for the CPD Committee and you meet all of the criteria identified above, please click apply to submit your most recent resume. Only eligible candidates will be contacted, and if selected a background check will be completed.